Telecommunications Act of 1996

Lois Ann Gregory-Wood U58538 at UICVM.BITNET
Thu Feb 15 15:59:02 EST 1996

I thought Council would be interested in receiving this information
from Judy Krug, director, ALA Office for Intellectual Freedom.

Lois Ann Gregory-Wood, Council Secretariat
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
OFC: 312-280-3204 or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 3204
FAX: 312-944-3897

Please feel free to redistribute the following message.

American Library Association is preparing to challenged the decency
provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.  ALA will be lead
plaintiff.  Co-plaintiffs are being assembled, but the list is not
yet confirmed.  ALA will only be challenging the decency provisions
of the legislation.  We will keep you informed as the case
develops.

Judith F. Krug
Director, Office for Intellectual Freedom

Peter Graham    psgraham at gandalf.rutgers.edu    Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903   (908)445-5908; fax (908)445-5888
              <URL:http://aultnis.rutgers.edu/pghome.html>