the telecomm bill

Cedar Falls Public Library Acct #1 cfpl00 at iren.net
Mon Feb 12 11:01:38 EST 1996

All of the discussion of this bill reminds me that
we all see the same things through the prism of our
different lives.  This also says to me that Mr. Wagner's
observations below are especially important.  How are
we adults ever to get together and discuss anything at
all if we are constantly required to worry that the
kids in the room next door might possibly hear us or
even that they might be _trying_ to hear us?  Why do we
try to keep so much from them?  I expect that yes, the
true issue is with gagging adults _not_ protecting kids
although if you make it a scarey thing for anybody to
talk about important issues in the culture, the kids
will grow up unaccustomed to open debate...

--Barb  (Speaking only for myself)
Barbara Dunn                       "...A GEEK librarian or a
Technical Services Librarian        tortured POET librarian?
Cedar Falls Public Library          You a one wacko freaky
524 Parkade                         crazzzy passionate
Cedar Falls, IA 50613               disfunctional somewhat
(319)273-8643                       skittso librarian..."
CFPL00 at IREN.NET				--Annie Niemus