ILL forms on Web

Helen Laurence LAURENCE at ACC.FAU.EDU
Fri Feb 9 13:24:18 EST 1996

We have just linked our ILL request forms to our library home page.
The only real issue for us was how to limit the service
to patrons affiliated with the University.  Linking to the
circulation database of valid library card numbers was thought to be
too problematic.  We finally decided to "require" that a valid ID
number be submitted on the form and check it manually the same way
ILL requests on paper are done.  This seems a rather "low-tech"
solution considering the context. How are others dealing with this?

TIA.

Helen

Dr. Helen Laurence      Library Systems Dept.      (407)367-3789
Florida Atlantic University, P.O. Box 3092, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Internet: laurence at acc.fau.edu           Bitnet: laurence at fauvax