Frames--What's the big deal?

Oliver Heyer oheyer at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 5 12:54:26 EST 1996

Take a look at the following:

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/
alltext?vers=&lookup=aesch.+ag.+1&display=latin

The URL will take you to the first page of a parallel text of Aeschylus'
Agamemnon -- the Greek in one frame, English in the other.  The text is
part of the Perseus Project's digital library of ancient Greek authors.
I assume that because the frames tag currently has such limited support,
parallel text has not yet been made a standard feature in Perseus.  To get
the effect, you need to type "alltext" into the URL.

Admittedly, this particular site is of interest to a fairly limited
audience, but I think it is an example of a pretty good (and obvious)
use of frames.

Oliver Heyer                  | Art History/Classics Graduate Service
Circulation Supervisor        | Room 308F Doe Library
oheyer at library.berkeley.edu   | University of California at Berkeley