Four-T-Nine-R(sm): Data Mining of Web and non-Web Bibliogarphic Databases

Gerry McKiernan JL.GJM at ISUMVS.IASTATE.EDU
Fri Dec 20 14:49:42 EST 1996

                  Four-T-Nine-R(sm)
     Data Mining of Web and non-Web Bibliographic
                      Databases

   For a planned review and clearinghouse, I am interested in
learning of projects, research, products and services that have
applied Data Mining technologies to Web or non-Web _bibliographic_
data bases or datasets. I am particularly interested in the
application to MARC data records.

   At this time I am _not_ interested in other applications of
Data Mining.

   There are a number of excellent Web resources available
to those who desire additional information about Data Mining.
One of the best is KD Mine at URL:

          http://info.gte.com/~kdd/index.html

   Relevant efforts will be profiled in a new clearinghouse
entitled Four-T-Nine-R(sm) at the following URL:

     http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/4T9R.htm

   As always, any and all suggestions, reactions or critiques
are most welcome.

   Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)