logs (yuletide special)

scharles libernet at midtown.net
Wed Dec 18 22:06:58 EST 1996

There are from time to time questions about logs on this list, so I thought
I would pass this on.  I don't manage a web server, and I don't know any
details about the subject.

SC

*** Easy-to-read web site reports available by email

Marketwave announced Wednesday version 2.5 of Hit List Standard. Hit
List Standard 2.5 adds an overnight e-mail delivery feature that
generates traffic analysis reports in easy-to-read MS Word documents,
instead of the cryptic log files usually downloaded from a web site.
Hit List Standard 2.5 can create two- and three-dimensional graphical
reports of web access statistics, path analysis information and
"Cookies" reports. Hit List Standard 2.5 is available to download at
http://www.marketwave.com/hl. For the full text story, see
http://www.merc.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=813466-e87