IKIOSK Vagueries

David P Atkins notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 16 10:58:21 EST 1996

Hello Ikiosk & Web4LIB Ikiosk users.  Folks are welcome to delete or read
along....

Anyone using Win95, 32bit Ikiosk 2.0 beta, & 32bit Netscape 3.01
experiencing bizarre behavior in Netscape?

I can't seem to disable the more risky features in the Netscape Save As
dialog box without some annoying side effects.  Once you click on Save As,
I'm prompted that this function has been blocked (it hasn't) and once I
click on the messages OK button, I'm in the Save As dialog box, no
problem. Same thing happens whenever I exit Save As.  I figured out which
one of my recordings from w/in Save As creates this error but I can't do
w/out it.  If I turn it off, folks can navigate on the hard drive & across
our LAN.

Also, when I start up Netscape, I receive two function blocked messages.
Once I click on their respective OK buttons, I'm in, no problem.  I can't
figure out which block is overlapping into this start up sequence.  Any
ideas?  What gets me is that the first day I installed Ikiosk & set the
blocks, I didn't get this problem.  Now I do.  I have reinstalled both
Netscape & Ikiosk & still get this problem.

Is it me or my cologne?  PC security...why can't we all just get along?

I'd be happy to share Ikiosk settings files with folks.

Thanks,
David Atkins

David P. Atkins
Electronic Reference Services Librarian
Middleton Library                    email:  notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Louisiana State University                     voice:   (504) 388-6823
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-3300                      fax:    (504) 388-6825