netscape

Steve Melamut melamut at email.unc.edu
Fri Dec 13 08:02:49 EST 1996

I have a few answers for different questions I saw in the digest:

1. Where you cannot get Netscape to print an entire screen or form because
it does not
show on the screen fully:
The person who mounted the material had their computer set up for an 800x600
or 1024x768 screen.  The usual default is 640x480.  With the higher
resolution, everything gets smaller so more material fits on the screen. You
can change your setup (if the computer video card and monitor will support
it), but the print gets smaller (which you can also correct). So I have a
cure, but it is a nuisance setting it up.  Some one else may have a better one.

2. The Netscape 3.0 freeze is fun!!  With my computer, Netscape 3.0 will
sometimes load most of a page, but not all.  Yesterday, it loaded a page
with a form and it only showed the words, not the lines of the form.  It
would not allow me to fill in the form. If I had not known the form was
there, I would have sat cursing because it did not look like anything was
missing.  I had to shut down some other applications to free up memory and
then reload.  Sometimes, I have had to get completely out of Netscape and
windows and come back again.    I suspect that the freeze up is the same
problem.

3. Netscape does have 2.02 on their mirror sites.  I  downloaded it last
week into a new machine. If you go to the Netscape site and follow the
instructions in their download section to go to the FTP sites, you will find it.

                   Steve Melamut
            melamut at email.unc.edu
 University of North Carolina School of Law