Discussion: Digital vs Cyber

Hal hkirk at uno.cc.geneseo.edu
Thu Dec 12 03:56:57 EST 1996

>> >      Is that because Digital is more professional sounding, or because
>> >      Digital is the new trendy word (thanks to Negroponte)?
>> >      IOW, will the terms with Digital stay for a while, or will they be
>> >      like Cyber and vanish with the next new trendy term?
>>
>> I hope they vanish.  Thinking of myself as a digital librarian makes me
>> wonder if I ought to beep occasionally or at least when others push my
>> buttons.  Cyberlibrarian, or worse, cybrarian, I can't even pronounce.
>>
>> Once again, I think the profession is attempting to find a label that
>> helps patrons understand what we do.  Frankly, I don't think such a
>> label exists.
>> --
>> Genie Tyburski                  PH:  215-864-8151
>
>It could be worse, we could get to be known as Library Borgs.
>
>Au revoir!
>
>Alain Vaillancourt

Ooooooo. I like that one!  We are the LibBorgs!  Resistance is futile!
We are the LibBorgs! Resistance is futile!

-hal

Hal Kirkwood
Information Technology Librarian
S.U.N.Y. at Geneseo
Geneseo, NY 14454
716/245-5524
Fax: 716/245-5003
hkirk at uno.cc.geneseo.edu
http://137.238.9.12/~hal/hal.html

"I find that sometimes it's easy to be myself"
"and sometimes I find that it's better to be somebody else"
                -Dave Matthews Band