Web for Youth Services: 2 questions

Walter Minkel walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us
Thu Dec 12 17:32:56 EST 1996

Folks-- Are any of you out there involved in library Web services for
kids & families? If so, I'd appreciate hearing from you if you:

1) Can recommend any truly excellent library pages out there designed for
children & families. I'm assembling a links page for ALSC (Association of
Library Services for Children, part of ALA), and

2) Know of any _commercial_ products or services designed to help young
people navigate the Web (not the censorship products like NetNanny, but
alternatives to the underpowered Yahooligans--Web directories designed
for kids & students, on a pay basis or not, to find _good_ subject sites
_they_ can use). I already know of the non-commercial sites like B.J.
Pinchbeck's and KidsWeb.

Please send replies directly to me. Thanks! --W

Walter Minkel, Youth Librarian
Gresham Regional Library, 385 NW Miller Ave., Gresham, OR 97030
Voice (503)248-5164; fax (503)248-5198; walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us