Discussion: Digital vs Cyber

Alex Fayle alex_fayle at oma.org
Wed Dec 11 14:01:05 EST 1996

     I've been noticing over the past month or so that more and more people
     are referring to themselves (or others) as Digital Librarians or
     Digital Archivists instead of CyberLibrarians or Cybrarians.

     Is that because Digital is more professional sounding, or because
     Digital is the new trendy word (thanks to Negroponte)?

     IOW, will the terms with Digital stay for a while, or will they be
     like Cyber and vanish with the next new trendy term?

     Just a mid-afternoon thought, I'd get opinions on...

     Alex Fayle
     Records Analyst (not digital or Cyber)
     Corporate Information
     Ontario Medical Association