HTML->unformatted ascii text converters?

Donald Barclay dbarclay at Bayou.UH.EDU
Thu Dec 5 09:00:01 EST 1996

I made my own HTML stripper using the macro feature on my word processor
(Word 6.0).  Using the Find and Replace fuctions, it wasn't hard to create
the macro, and I was able to customize it to center, bold, headline,
indent, etc.  I can save the stripped HTML documents as ASCII files or as
Word files (though, of course, the ASCII files don't have all the
formating that the Word files have).

Donald A. Barclay
Coordinator of Electronic Services    always the beautiful answer
University of Houston Libraries       who asks a more beautiful question
DBarclay at uh.edu                               --e.e. cummings