Web mapping

Esther Carciente esthers at jer1.co.il
Thu Aug 29 17:09:55 EDT 1996

I'm using two programs for checking my site

1. Siteman 2.00, available for evaluation at:
http://www.morningside.asn.au/siteman/
It works on your computer on a mirror of your site
Siteman 2.00 doesn't support nested directories, but Siteman 3.00 does.
In addition Siteman gives you the possibility to perform a global search
and replace on the files in your computer and also to check the links to
a specified file. Very useful if you change the name of one file and have
to replace the links to it in all the files.
I use Siteman to check the files prior to uploading them on the server.

2. Incontext webanalyzer at
http://www.incontext.com/products/analyze.html
This programs analyzes the content of your site, advises on broken links,
and can create a copy of your site on your computer.
i use it to check the site live for all the connections that are broken
(nobody's perfect)

Hope this helps.

Esther Carciente
Web Site Manager
Pedagogic Center
http://www.jajz-ed.org.il/

 On Wed, 21 Aug 1996,
Kirk E. Nims wrote:

> In the Spring of 1995 we discussed web site mapping and management
> software.
>
> Since then, are any of you using site mapping and link management software?

5>