Animated gifs and Netscape

Bill Walker WALKEB05 at STOCKTON.LIB.CA.US
Wed Aug 21 12:02:42 EDT 1996

	Hello.  Has anyone encountered this problem?  We recently put
an animated gif on our library home page (not quite up on the WWW yet)
and it seems to display fine.  The animation happens as expected on
most PCs, but the problem is...on some of the computers (not all)
because this is a loop animation, Netscape never seems to quit loading.
The little red stop button on the top line flashes on and off, etc.
Because of this condition, if you type in an address up in the address
box, Netscape sometimes crashes.  Any ideas why this problem occurs?
Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Bill Walker
Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library