Video libraries

Janet Crum crumj at ohsu.edu
Thu Aug 15 12:39:48 EDT 1996

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question, but I'm hoping
there's someone out there with some expertise with setting up a video library.
We have been contacted by the pr department on campus about organizing their
video footage into a "digital library."  They are interested in eventually
putting the materials on some type of file server; I immediately thought of
using Web technology, which is why I'm posting my question here.  Are any of you
out there familiar with the process of digitizing video and making it available
via a Web server?  Do you know how other news organizations organize their video
footage?

You may reply to me directly, if you wish, and I'll summarize for the list if
there's sufficient interest.

Thanks in advance.

Janet

Janet Crum