Check out Filtering!

Linda Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Aug 2 17:04:50 EDT 1996

>I think we can all sympathize with not wanting to waste time reading scads
>of e-mail that does not interest us; most of us have more things to do than
>time to do them in.

One of the interesting features on Eudora is the ability to set up
"Filters."  You can use keywords to set up options that will automatically
filter your mail.  Then if you get tired of reading about the "hot topic of
the day;" you can just dump the whole folder at your leisure.  On my Mac,
"Filter" can be found under the "Window" menu item.   I don't have the
procedure memorized; but I was able to accomplish it without reading any
manuals while the Black web pages thing was happening.

Linda Woods Hyman-Education First Initiative
Pacific Bell/San Diego State University
Dept. of Educational Technology
San Diego  CA  92182  (619) 594-4414
e-mail:  lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu