Controlling your e-mail or the How to Use the Delete Key

Wilfred [Bill] Drew drewwe at snymorva.cs.snymor.edu
Fri Aug 2 10:59:03 EDT 1996

Controlling Your E-mail or How to Use the Delete Key

The best way to control e-mail that you don't want to read is by using
the delete key.  Most keyboards that I am familiar with have this key
available.  On a PC keyboard with 12 functions keys it is located to the
right of the ENTER key in the little key pad above the arrow keys.
Users of older computers may have to look around a bit.

Users of the Macintosh will usually find it somewhere on the right side
of the keyboard.  Users of "dumb" terminals may have a problem.  The VT
series of terminals does not have a Delete key but does have a Remove
key.  I suppose you could always read the manual for your machine or
check with your computer people.

It is best to read the help screens or manual for your e-mail system.
Many systems may use special keys to actually delete messages.  From
what I have read it must be extremely difficult to delete messages on
many e-mail packages because of the constant complaints I read about
trying to keep the number of messages to a minimum on discussion groups.

<grin>;-)

Have a good day!!
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill") Serials/Reference/Systems Librarian
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902