Flame - read until properly toasted...

Stu Weibel weibel at oclc.org
Fri Aug 2 10:56:46 EDT 1996

I think of WEB4LIB as a forum  more for discussions of policy and
practical operational issues than for the finer details of
implementation (realizing that there is no clear line of demarcation).

A little web-headedness is probably good for us, but my suspicion is
that most subscribers don't want to see much of it  (rule of thumb:  if
your post includes entity definitions or angle brackets, maybe it
should be on one of the HTML lists? ;-)

But lets be realistic about HTML... its _ad_hocery_  from start to
finish, and no one is in charge (see Network World 13:31, July 29, 1996
for an interesting perspective on W3C and its role as a standards
forum).  Do the best you can and hope it will continue to work for a
while.  Its not Markup-for-the-Ages.

stu

Stuart Weibel
Senior Research Scientist