Request for Access Policies

Rowan Brownlee ROWANB at ilanet.slnsw.gov.au
Fri Apr 26 11:46:49 EDT 1996

Hello Julia,

Some sites relating to internet access policies are listed below

WWW POLICIES AND GUIDELINES (Last update 1/9/96)
http://www.lib.muohio.edu/~skimmel/wwwpols.html

The Colorado College Tutt Library WWW Policies (Last Updated 2-27-96)
http://www.cc.colorado.edu/Library/InfoSource/Current/wwwpol.html

Library WWW Policies and Style Guides (Last modified January 9, 1996)
http://scholar.lib.utk.edu/melinda/web-policy.html

Library Policy Archive (1995)
http://www.intac.com/~kgs/freedom/policies.html

regards

rowan

> Greetings.
> 	The City of Sunnyvale is grappling with all the issues related to
> public access to the Internet in the library, and I would like to ask
> y'all's help.  I have been asked to find whatever I can on the Internet
> about library policies regarding patron access to the Internet using
> library facilities.  (I have been asked to do what I can by 6pm Friday so
> they can review the material over the weekend, but if anyone gets this
> after 4/27, please send us info anyway.)  Send directly to this address
> and I will post a synopsis to the list.
>
> Specifically:
>
> Please send copies of your current Internet access policies, or any rough
> drafts (make draft status clear, please).
>
> Please let me know of great places on the Web (or gopher) that we can
> find discussion of policies or copies of policies.
>
> Please let me know of any other discussion lists or FAQ/archives that
> might be relevant.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I do plan to look at the Web4lib archive and FAQs.  Also, other
> librarians will be searching the traditional tools (Library Lit etc) for
> articles and discussion of the issues.
>
> Thanks to any who take time to reply!  All assistance greatly appreciated.
>
> ---Julia E. Schult

> Sunnyvale Public Library, Adult Services
> sunnyref at class.org
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu:8000/SNVL/index.html

Rowan Brownlee
CD-Rom Librarian