Frames in HTML - library experiment

Knut Hegna knuthe at ifi.uio.no
Wed Apr 24 05:37:40 EDT 1996

Netscapes version 2 contains a feature called frames that let you divide
www-windows into into subwindows. We have been experimenting with this
to try to improve the user interface of the library. We would like some
feedback, so if you're interested, take a look at

   http://www.ifi.uio.no/~knuthe/frames/eng/bottom.html

and read about the experiment in

   http://www.ifi.uio.no/~knuthe/frames/eng/about.html

The searching technique and the floor plan presentation have been
improved, we think.

As long as this feature is tightly connected to netscape (no other
browser supports it) and even a netscape version that is said to be
unsecure, we would never rely on it in our services.

Yours,
Knut Hegna, academic librarian

University of Oslo, Norway
Informatics library