Z39.50: how about this?

Elizabeth L. Brown ebro at loc.gov
Thu Apr 18 15:15:24 EDT 1996

***much deleted*****
>Karen G. Schneider
>schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
>Director, Region 2 Library, NY
>Opinions mine alone

Karen, and all the others who need to know about Z39.50:

For some of the answers, including links to an HTML copy of the Z39.50
document and ordering information (via ANSI) of the document in paper, see
the Library of Congress Z39.50 Gateway.

This collection of web pages tells more than I'll ever know about this
standard. (I _do_ know that only LC's MARC records are accessible via this
tool.)  The Z39.50 Gateway also provides a link to databases at a number of
libraries that are using Z39.50 already.

The URL:
http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/

Good luck
Elizabeth
*   Elizabeth L. Brown, M.L.S.                            *
*   Education Section, National Digital Library Program   *
*   Library of Congress, Washington, DC  20540-1025       *
*   ebro at loc.gov                telephone: 202/707-2235   *
*   Library of Congress Learning Page:                    *
*   http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu/index.html        *