New library website--media partnership

Mary-Ellen Mort memort at netcom.com
Tue Apr 16 13:01:46 EDT 1996

Today is the official launch date for JobSmart, a partnership between
Bay Area Public Libraries & KPIX Television & Radio. The site is packed
with job search information: 500 job hotlines, career centers in 9 Bay
Area counties, Northern California libraries online, Job Fairs & Career
Events for Northern Califoria, Salary Information (80 surveys), a Resume
Guide featuring Yana Parker, author of Damn Good Resume Guides, Career
Information, Guide to Online Job Ads and an online column--Ask Electra,
the Electronic Librarian.

The URL is:
http://jobsmart.org

It would be wonderful if you would link to us! Some of the information is
exclusive to Northern California but many other features (salary surveys,
career information, resumes are useful anywhere in the US.) We have been
chosed as a demo site for ALA's Log-On at the Library day
<http://metaverse.com/logonday>

The project is LSCA-funded (in California through the California Stetae
Librarian) through Sept. 30, 1996. We hope to become self-supporting
through advertising revenues. As far as I know, this would be a first for
a public library.  (Fingers crossed.) We'll be doing a presentation on
our advertising experiences at California Library Conference in Nov. 1996.

Happy to answer any questions....And happy to hear what you think of it.

Mary-Ellen Mort, AKA "Electra"
memort at netcom.com
http://jobsmart.org