Netscape printing question....

Hal Kirkwood hkirk at uno.cc.geneseo.edu
Fri Apr 19 16:08:38 EDT 1996

Hello all,

I have a question concerning problems we have with our public-access
Netscape workstations.

Question 1:  Is there any way to determine the actual number of pages a
document will be?  And is there a way to determine the exact page number
for a certain screen?  E.g. if I wanted to print just 'pages' 5-8....and I
would rather not have to cut and paste.

Question 2:  Is there a way to limit the total number of pages allowed for
printing...we would like to avoid the problem of a student unwittingly
trying to print a 50+ page document.

We use both Macs and PCs.

Any help or tips on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-hal

Hal Kirkwood                  hkirk at uno.cc.geneseo.edu        *
Assistant Librarian                                           *
Fraser Library ---- Business/Computer Science/Math            *
S.U.N.Y. at Geneseo    1 College Circle    Geneseo, NY 14454  *
Work#716/245-5334            Fax#716/245-5003                 *
My opinions do not represent the university.                  *
Personal Home Page  http://137.238.50.66/~hal/hal.html        *