"Good" Information on the Internet

Heinrich C. Kuhn kuhn at mpg-gv.mpg.de
Tue Apr 2 15:18:41 EST 1996

Olga Shargorodska writes:
>      I am very interested in evaluation of search
>      engines and results of their searches.

Some links to such information can be found in:
<http://www.gwdg.de/~hkuhn1/pagesuch.html#SEzus>
The document itself is in German, but the links
mostly go to pages that are in English.

> I find modern search techniques and result
>      presentation inadequate.

I agree, that they should be better, but as far
as I can judge the situation for better results
of search engines some sort of *real indexing
information* (and not just word-counts would
be something very usefull to have. The META-
tag of HTML might be on its way to be able to
provide such a thing. I made a suggestion as
to how to foster such a way to the *html-wg*
in march. If you are interested: have a look
at
<http://www.gwdg.de/~hkuhn1/wwwcat/mtprop01.html>
or
<http://www.gwdg.de/~hkuhn1/wwwcat/mtprop00.html>
for a shorter version.

Regards

Heinrich C. Kuhn
*  Dr. Heinrich C. Kuhn   (coordinator libraries)
*  Max-Planck-Gesellschaft / Generalverwaltung IIb3
*  Postfach 10 10 62
*  D-80084 Muenchen
*
*  voice: +49-89-2108 1563