lower case

Gwen Galton gwen.galton at sheridanc.on.ca
Wed Oct 18 11:14:33 EDT 1995

Thanks Laura - I appreciate your personal response explaining that you have
used all lower case as your personal style even before e-mail, and that you
use upper/lower convention for formal matter. And I must apologize if in
any way you might have taken it as a criticism of your usage (although
you show no indication of having misconstrued my message)!  This was
definitely not the "case".  As systems and language develops, so indeed
may style.  I wanted to know if I was behind the times in demanding
upper/lower case e-mail from students.  ee cummings used all lower case
as his personal style too - so you are in good company.  I shall
continue, however, to expect formal style in e-mail from students.  How
they write to one another is of course up to them.

I am posting this to the list, rather than personally, as I believe I
have irked at least one person and I don't want the anti-lower case
mob attacking you because of my lack of diplomacy :-)

Gwen.
Gwen Galton				gwen.galton at sheridanc.on.ca
Professor, Computer Studies		905-845-9430 x2897 (voice-mail)
Sheridan College			Fax: 905-815-4035
1430 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, ON, Canada L6H 2L1
-