How to Jump Start a Web Site?

Craig S. Lipman lipmanc at alpha.acast.nova.edu
Wed Oct 18 02:11:47 EDT 1995

Hi!  I'm not part of a Library, but I'm requesting permission to tap into
your collective knowledge.  (No... we are not Borg.)  I work in Corporate
America, and I am trying to develop a business case for establishing an
INTERNAL Web site.  Any suggestions on where to go for supporting
information?

Some of the information that I am looking for includes the following:
o  What is the setup cost for server? software?
o  What will be the time commitment to set up the server? maintain the
server?
o  What are some of the uses of Internal Web servers?
o  What are some of the concerns and downsides to establishing a site.
o  What are the steps for establishing a server (have to prepare a
project plan)?

Note that we are largely a Microsoft shop (WFW now, Win95 in '96).  We
are migrating to Novell and have TCP/IP.

Any suggestions as to where to point my browser or which of the many
books and / or journals are worth locating?

  819 Hudson Drive         CRAIG S. LIPMAN        Voice:215/321-4888
  Yardley,PA  19067-4319                          Fax:  215/321-7442
 ______________ Internet: lipmanc at alpha.acast.nova.edu ______________