recent discussion of WWW cataloging, Yahoo

anne callery callery at netcom.com
Tue Oct 10 20:10:55 EDT 1995

I get Web4Lib in digest form, so I didn't see this thread until a couple
of people had already told me about it...

I just wanted to confirm what Dan Lester said about the cataloging
process at Yahoo.  We do ask the submitters to suggest categories for
their sites, but we certainly reserve final judgement as to where a site
will be placed.  The suggestions help to organize each day's submissions,
and also help us out with particularly obscure or esoteric sites -- we
can at least get an idea of what they're *trying* to say.  Occasionally,
we'll email someone for additional info on their site before we make a
decision.

And, to answer someone's question about librarians at Yahoo, there is
one: me.  But I've only been here for a month, so I haven't had a chance
to stir things up much  ;)

Anne Callery
anne at yahoo.com
callery at netcom.com