Copyright Notices for Electronic Resources

Joan Latta Konecky joank at unllib.unl.edu
Wed Nov 22 10:13:01 EST 1995

I strongly agree that we should make users aware of copyright issues. I
have been working on a copyright statement for our electronic reference
area, similar to the type of statement you see posted near the
photocopiers in most libraries. Our electronic reference area includes
a wide variety of electronic resources - public Web access, CD-ROM
databases, tapeloaded databases, and gateway access to databases - but
the issues are similar (though the Web isn't a vendor's licensed product) .

I would like to know if anyone else has devised a Copyright Notice for
their Web or other electronic resource workstations and what wording you
used.  Please send any responses directly to me, and I will post a
summary to the list.
					TIA,  Joank