Search for international experts in elec

Mittrowann, Andreas, Z-Stift MIT02 at desti151.bertelsmann.de
Fri Nov 17 13:18:00 EST 1995

THIS MESSAGE IS BEING POSTED TO WEB4LIB, IFLA-L, PUBLIB, LIBADMIN and
LIBREF-L. PLEASE EXCUSE ANY DUPLICATION

Dear colleagues worldwide,

the Bertelsmann Foundation Germany is searching for international experts in
electronic
media and the internet in public libraries.

The Bertelsmann Foundation is funding public libraries for over ten years
now in Germany,
Spain and Egypt. Due to the changing role of libraries and new ways of
providing service
to patrons we are are planning to develop an overall concept for the
successful and user-
oriented integration of electronic media (CD-ROM, Software), Online-Services
and the
Internet into the service of the public libraries we support.

If you feel that you have worked out an innovative concept which has been
successfully
implemented and your public library has:

 - a vision of the future of print and non-print media in public libraries
 - a concept on how to integrate electronic media and the internet into
mission and role of
   your public library
 - a concept on how to offer these services in a user-friendly way
 - a concept on how to offer these services for children
 - an overall idea of mission, economic effectiveness, user-orientation and
staff development

and if you would like to share your ideas with us, making them part of an
innovative
"think-tank"  - please feel free to send me a letter, fax or mail.

It would be a great help if you would pass on this message to colleagues you
know who
have reached outstanding results with their ideas and are not taking part in
this listserv-
forum.

Andreas Mittrowann
Bertelsmann Foundation Germany