Web interfaces, z39.50, and opac providers

The Big Glee Bopper thom at indiana.edu
Fri Nov 10 14:03:23 EST 1995

I'm working on a small project which seems to be developing an
interesting approach to information filtering for a public library
connected to the net. A major problem is not with the net interface but
with the interface to the opac. This organization is in the process of
securing another opac provider but what we need is a provider which will
provide client/server support where the server manages the opac and we
are provided with the needed support to integrate the opac completely
into the library interface to the extent that you never even know you are
querying geac/notis/innovative/dra/etc.

Anyone have any experience with such a provider? Would really appreciate
phone numbers and names.

--Thom