training software

BARBARA VICKERY UAZBV at uan2.library.nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 16:42:36 EST 1995

Hi all,
I've "lurked" around this amazing List for some time now and learned
a lot from it. As a source of expertise you lot are obviously at the
top of the tree !! I'm hoping therefore you will be able to help with
this one...

I'm interested in finding out if there is anybody who uses existing
software packages (for Novell networks) for training purposes.The
kind of situation I envisage is a Master/Slave terminal group whereby
whatever is done on the master terminal will be simultaneously
displayed on all the slave machines - thus facilitating
demonstrations etc. The master terminal would then allow "freedom" to
all slave machines so they could practice on their own with the
facility for any one machine to call for help from the master
terminal which could then step in and gain control of that PC in
order to provide assistance.

I know there is software already in existence which allows one PC to
control and interract with a number of others but only one at a time.
It is the element of simultaneous multi control for demonstration
purposes which I am looking for.

There is a "physical" system (involving cabling up all connected PCs)
- called "Coursemaster" which does all the above  but a software
option would not only be cheaper but a lot less cumbersome to
implement.

Sorry this message is so long !!!Thanks in advance for your help,

Barbara