FirstNet

Nick Tomaiuolo/CCSU Library TOMAIUOLON at CCSUA.CTSTATEU.EDU
Thu Nov 16 17:54:07 EST 1995

Greetings:

Upon reading that NetFirst would be up in "the Fall" (i.e., now), I telephoned
or rather e-mailed tech support at OCLC and inquired about the search engine's
availability.  Within a few minutes I had a voice-mail reply and e-mail back
from OCLC saying that NetFirst wouldn't be available until the late Winter or
Early Spring, but that a demo was located on their Web page http://www.oclc.com
(I think).  In any event, although I saved that e-mail for awhile, I have
deleted it or I would have forwarded it at the end of this message.

The benefits will be tight relevance control by OCLC employees who will evaluate
sites rigidly.  Do call OCLC.  The gentleman that wrote and phoned me was
very courteous, and I am certain he would provide details.  I was, however, so
disappointed that the engine wasn't up, that I simply put it on the
"back-burned".

Nicholas G. Tomaiuolo, MLS
Bibliographic Instruction Librarian
Central Connecticut State University Library
Reference Department
New Britain, CT  06050

email=  tomaiuolon at ccsu.ctstateu.edu
phone=  (203) 832-2068