Netscape 2.0 and Windows 95

Gary Parks gparks at spider.lloyd.com
Sat Nov 11 20:08:00 EST 1995

Boyd:

>I recently downloaded the new 32-bit version of Netscape 2.0 to use on my
>new Windows 95 OS, but every time I try to click on a link, Netscape tells
>me that it is unable to create a socket.  When I use the 16-bit version of
>the same program I have no problem.  Do you need to do something special to
>make 32-bit Netscape work with the Windows 95 TCP/IP stack?  Like maybe sign
>up for MSN?  I was afraid to do this because of the scare stories I've heard
>that those who sign up for MSN can no longer use their previous ISP without
>elaborate workarounds.  Has anyone else tried the new Netscape on Win95?

     Do you have the Plus Package?  This has the TCP/IP protocol package.  I
don't know what would happen if you did not buy the extra software from
Microsoft...?  But with it, WIN95 and Netscape (ver. 1.2, but the 32-bit
version of it) are working on my machine.  Check with the WIN95 Internet
pages (from Microsoft and others) for help.
Gary Parks
  El Dorado County Library
    345 Fair Lane - Placerville, CA 95667
        phone: 916/621-5541; fax: 916/622-3911