Java in libraries and homes with light bulbs!

The Big Glee Bopper thom at indiana.edu
Thu Dec 14 11:14:10 EST 1995

On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Hillary Handwerger wrote:

> Since my major emphasis is on providing business and manufactuirng access
> to the Internet for their needs, I am focusing on the outside user.  I am
> a "pusher" of Internet and business sources.
>
> So are you saying that the Win 32 addon will work outside of a networked
> setting?  With PPP ?

If a viewer/user/whatever _outside_ of a library views a document which
has a java app included then they see the java app if they have a java
enabled viewer. I'm suggesting there is a difference between worrying
whether inside the viewer, inside the library,  sees java or the outside
sees java. It's like if your viewer can't see tables or anything passed
html 1. You can't _control_ the outside but you can realize _outside_
folks are also users and customers with possible different needs whose
needs can be meet with a little imagination.

--Thom