Java in libraries?

Elisabeth Roche ace at Opus1.COM
Fri Dec 8 16:20:13 EST 1995

There is a very great project going on at upenn, The Interactive Textbook,
and a Java version is under development right now. You can see it at the
http:// url listed below.

If you would like to talk to the person in charge of this project talk to
Larry Gladney,
his email address:

larryg at upenn5.hep.upenn.edu
http://dept.physics.upenn.edu/courses/gladney/mathphys/Contents.html

Last year my mentor told me about Java and said his company, a Fortune 50,
was immediately rewriting all manuals and training documents and everything
else into Java.
Admittedly they had the bucks to do this, but it was the applets and
interactivity that made this "so hot".

As was mentioned before in this discussion thread, being able to offer
netscape 2.0+ and other browsers that will "read"/parse this language is
distinct from the equipment and software, people and skills necessary to
*create* the documents.

Is this discussion on Java and applets in html documents about librarians
*creating* these documents or offering the results through libraries?

elisabeth roche ace at opus1.com
http://www.opus1.com/~ace/index.html

Elisabeth Roche ace at opus1.com