Java browser for Windows 3.1x --- The "King" in Seattle...

Robert MacKimmie rm at calhist.org
Fri Dec 8 13:42:37 EST 1995

>>>I, too, am curious how it's going to bring Microsoft to its knees

My applause was for the Larry Ellison announcement of the $500
computer that would run with software distributed from the net.
Whether or not it is the greatest system, it does introduce a new
paradigm in which Microsoft is not at controls of everything.

The San Francisco Chronicle had an article in today's paper about the
Microsloth Internet strategy announcement yesterday and they did
mention Bill Gates' standard MO which he calls, "embrace and extend"
and the reporter, in parens, pointed out that it means, "steal and
duplicate" to you and me.

There was all that wacky scare years ago about Japan stealing the
best U.S. technology and marketing it more fervently--I wasn't too
undone. Bill Gates is the King of selling other people's ideas! It
takes him years and year to make them usable, however.

And can't anyone give a decent haircut in Seattle?

Robert MacKimmie
San Francisco