[web4lib] WWW for Libraries

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.ohiolink.edu
Mon Dec 4 14:41:22 EST 1995

Bing Wen writes:

>I have read the techies and who-needs-whom discussions with interest.
>But I guess it's time for us to stop here or move the dicussions to
>another list so that those who joined the list solely for web4lib

>stuff wouldn't have to delete extra unwanted messages. Thank you!

I don't agree with this sentiment.  Since it's inception, Web4Lib has had a
little trouble defining exactly what its scope is, but I certainly think
that scope covers the political/administrative environment in which
libraries create web sites (among other online services).  The common, and
commonly adversarial, division between librarian-types and technical-types
is clearly part of that environment.

Thomas Dowling                           | Librarians need techies
Jack of All Web Trades, Master of None   | Techies need librarians
OhioLINK                                 | I need another pot of coffee