[Web4lib] Custom search box question

Nicholas Bennyhoff nicholasbennyhoff at lcls.org
Fri Jun 10 09:04:23 EDT 2011

Our library system is about to merge with 3 others. In this new system,
there will (for a while, at least), be 4 separate OPACs from different ILSs.
I've been trying to develop a single search box that will send a keyword
search to one of the OPACs, selected with a drop-down menu.

I have the basics, but the searches aren't completing correctly in any of
them.

One of the wrinkles is that there are 3 different ILSs involved. One OPAC is
Innovative's Millennium WebPAC Pro, two are SirsiDynix Horizon, and one is
Dynix Classic.

I have the code to do a search box that will search the Millennium and Dynix
Classic OPACs using a drop-down to select different indexes in those OPACs,
and I might have it for the Horizon as well - if not, it shouldn't be hard
to get.

I was just wondering if anyone has attempted something similar.

Here's a link to the test box in our Millennium staging port, so you can see
what I've done so far:

http://webcat.lcls.org:2082/search

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

Nick

-----
Nicholas T. Bennyhoff
Technology Development Manager