[Web4lib] OpenURL and journal list vendors

Hoyte, Daniel hoyte at chapman.edu
Tue Jul 26 12:32:09 EDT 2011

Three years ago, we had Serials Solutions. Then, we are not happy with the responsiveness to correcting bad data in title lists. We moved to a hosted instance of CUFTS from Simon Fraser University. We have not looked back, since.

The good:
-SFU is extremely responsive to requests. They often have the solution for us the same day that we put in the request.
-Title list updating is fast and simple.
-Creating fully custom title lists is straightforward.
-If something happens, we can pull our data and run our own CUFTS server.

Downside:
-We discovered that the bad data was not generated by Serials Solutions, so that was not helped by switching. At least now, we can fix the bad data.
-<tongue firmly in cheek> Our staff is MUCH more aware of bad data with our e-journals.</tongue firmly in cheek>

Daniel Hoyte M.R.S.
Senior Library Systems Technician
Leatherby Libraries, Chapman University
714-532-7745