[Web4lib] web hosting question

Ross Singer rossfsinger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:11:35 EDT 2010

I use site5.com for a site and I've had no problems to speak of
(although, admittedly, it's likely I wouldn't notice if there was an
outage, it's an informational/demo site).  I have run PHP (Drupal,
Wordpress, homegrown scripts) and Ruby apps there.  They support
mod_rails.

I never got Django/Python to run, but, admittedly, I didn't try very hard.

The only downside I see to it is the fact that you can't run any long
(and long being a relative term) running tasks.  I've had the ruby gem
command killed while it was installing a gem before.

-Ross.