[Web4lib] What do you know about LibDex?

Roy Tennant tennantr at oclc.org
Tue Nov 9 13:15:55 EST 2010

In terms of this discussion of sources of library data, I also want to
remind folks of the Institution Registry hosted by my employer. Here is the
record for Eugene Public Library, for example:

<http://worldcat.org/registry/Institutions/14533>

Making sure such things as your online catalog information[1] are up to date
and thorough will allow users who search WorldCat.org to link directly to a
record for an item in your catalog to see if it is on the shelf.
Increasingly, this data underlies a variety of services you might find
useful. It is free and open to anyone to both search and update.
Roy

[1] http://worldcat.org/registry/Opac/14533