[Web4lib] Web Usability Tool Questions

Kozlowski,Brendon bkozlowski at sals.edu
Wed Mar 31 10:41:49 EDT 2010

Hello Lisa,

A long time ago I tried ClickHeat, a Crazy Egg alternative, and although it does sort of work, I couldn't recommend it directly, but perhaps you might still want to take a look at it regardless: http://www.labsmedia.com/clickheat/index.html

Simple Mouse Tracking looks pretty interesting and might help you closer to your goal, though it's hard to say for sure:
http://smt.speedzinemedia.com/smt/ <http://smt.speedzinemedia.com/smt/>

Unfortunately I'm not aware of off-site user testing via online hosted server scripts. If possible, I'd instead strongly recommend Silverbackapp(.com).

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library
49 Henry Street