[Web4lib] Training Recommendations for PHP and MySQL

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Fri Apr 9 10:49:12 EDT 2010

Hello all.

Excellent comment about the subject from all.

Can you express your opinions about 4 things related with PHP development.

1) What other tools do you use as framework interface for developing
(interface, editor, instant help, colors, indent, etc)

2) What third party do you use (libraries, editors, libraries for
special activities)

3) Do you usually start from zero (with your own set of tools of
libraries or do you use some open source system and start from them
and modify what you or your clients (users) need?

4) No intend to start a war about the following, just hear
experiences. I have received comments on experienced users that
"finally decided" to leave PHP and go to Python. Several reasons they
have expressed. Can you share your experiences.? I mean if you are an
experienced IT person that developed with PHP and decided to leave
it, cany ou share your reasons and what other language or commercial
software for developing solutions do you choose?

Thanks to all who express comments in the list, I have learned a lot
in all these years and in this time that I am looking for a job this
comments help a lot,

Thanks in advance.
Jorge Biquez