[Web4lib] Metadata scheme for computer hardware

Roy Tennant tennantr at oclc.org
Tue Oct 13 14:03:54 EDT 2009

Why would you want to find a metadata standard for this? Standards are good
for interoperability, but they are often inadequate for internal purposes.
Create something that works for you, and if a standard for this ever comes
along, you can parse your data into that should you wish to comply with it.
More likely, there will either not be a standard created for this or if
there is, you may be the one leading the effort. I make up my own XML all
the time, for my own nefarious purposes, and I have yet to regret it.
Roy