[Web4lib] Useful use of Twitter at conferences?

Ms Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at usfca.edu
Thu Mar 19 18:01:59 EDT 2009

Using a conference hashtag to post tweets about the presentations is
becoming a standard practice at most conferences. Unless your friend is
part of a group with specialized interests, she shouldn't need to
organize her own.

It's important to use a lot of restraint when posting messages, though.
It gets annoying very quickly when somebody sends out tweet after tweet,
trying to summarize each point a speaker makes. (Voice of experience
here, having done this.)
Jean Hewlett
University of San Francisco