[Web4lib] Browser ennui

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Mar 19 15:13:41 EDT 2009

In the last couple of weeks, new betas have come out for Safari (4.0b1
on 2/24), Firefox (3.1b3 on 3/12), and Chrome (2.0b1 on 3/17), and IE8
was officially released today.  Once upon a time, any one of those
releases would have stirred up an active discussion on Web4Lib, but no
more.  I wonder if that's because we decided all browsers were good
enough, more or less; or because we decided no browser is very
interesting any more; or because we were forced to accept that "The
Browser" is whatever version of whichever program IT deigns to plop on
our machines.

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu