[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 13:24:43 EDT 2009

All this discussion about e-mail lists made me curious. I know I've actively participated in e-mail discussion groups for a while now, but I wasn't sure how long I'd been doing it.

I did some digging around in list archives and discovered that this coming October 3 will mark the 20th anniversary of my active participation in e-mail lists! I posted my first note to a list (PACS-L) on October 10, 1989.

So I obviously must think they have some relevance! :-)

Bernie Sloan