[Web4lib] Form help needed

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Mon Oct 13 02:28:54 EDT 2008

We have a couple of forms that cannot be submitted online.  This is
deliberate, because there is a fee that has to be submitted in cash
with the form.

The current form is web-based and users fill it out in their web
browser, hit submit, and that initiates printing (using javascript).

Currently, whatever default "input" font size the patron uses is the
size that appears in the blanks they fill in.

The font size of the text typed in the blanks is our problem.  That
font  must be increased to accommodate the person who processes them,
who has some visual impairment.

I'm not sure what determines the "type into this blank" font.  I know
of no way to alter that font through ether HTML, XHTML or CSS.  But
maybe there is some cool trick I don't know.  Is there any way I can
force the input text to be larger when the form is printed by just
specifying it in some obscure page code?

I haven't made forms using Adobe Acrobat Pro, but we have that
program.  Can the input text size be specified when making Acrobat
forms?

I found a CGI program at Rice University called printform.
<http://www.rice.edu/sw/printform/>  It would do the trick, I think,
but if I can get around using a server-side program, it would make
things easier.

Any ideas?
--
Stacy Pober