[Web4lib] RE: Google Scholar and OpenURL resolvers

Kate Carter kcarter2 at swarthmore.edu
Wed Nov 19 12:42:31 EST 2008

We ran into the same problem with links to Ingenta about a year ago.  Here's
what Ryan of the Google Scholar team told us (sorry, his email is only
scholar-library at google.com):

"Additionally, I see that you aren't interested in showing the
IngentaConnect links for your schools, and we understand your concern
about confusing patrons. We display those links as they were entries in
the registration file that Ingenta provides to us.

If you do not want these results to display in Google Scholar, please
content Ingenta directly as they are best suited to remove your listing
from their registration. Once they have updated these details on their
end, we will reflect these change in Google Scholar results as well."

He advised us to contact Paul G.  Overend, Customer Services Manager at
Ingenta - Paul.Overend at ingenta.com.

--
Kate Carter
Digital Initiatives Librarian