[Web4lib] blog or rss reader for Tables of Contents alerts?

danielle.joffe at optusnet.com.au danielle.joffe at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 5 22:58:49 EDT 2008

Hi
I want to be able to have one space where I can dump all the Tables of Contents of journals in a particular area of interest (family therapy).  I am trying it out on a blog (blogger), and an RSS reader (bloglines)
There are pros and cons with both of these and wondering if anyone has any ideas on which one is better for this purpose, or if there is another tool I could use?
The great thing about the blog is that using Feedblitz, I can convert the blog into a monthly newsletter. But I have to copy and paste all the TOCs in.  It also has a public URL.
The RSS reader is less work , but no newsletter (my library users are not that computer savvy - all counsellors.) - and can't add the ToCs that don't have rss feeds - so where do I put them??
Just wondering if anyone is doing this and has any advice?
My blog is at http://ranswlib.blogspot.com/
my bloglines is http://beta.bloglines.com/b/view?mode=addsubs&siteId=9294084#view-playlistid.112579-viewDisplay.startpage-displayModel.startpage%26t%3D1212720936758
but don't think you can view it without logging in - the BETA version doesn't allow you to have a public URL yet, although this is planned.

Thanks
Danielle Joffe
Information Manager
Family Relationships Information & Library Service
Relationships Australia (New South Wales) Library
149 Hawkesbury Road/PO Box 206
Westmead, NSW 2145
P:(02) 9806 3211   F:(02) 9806 3260 E: daniellej at ransw.org.au
W: http://www.relationships.com.au/resources/libraries/ransw-library